Cherry Production Line Workers
With summer and cherry season just around the corner, we are seeking full-time motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals at our downtown Kelowna plant who would be interested in working as Seasonal Production Line Workers!
This position will start approximately middle-end of June and run until approximately the middle-end of August. The hourly wage for this position is $15.20/hour day shift (7:00am-3:30pm) and $16.20/hour evening shift (4:00pm-12:30am), with overtime opportunities. This position is great as a first job, a way to gain great experience and get your foot in the door with a local company, or for someone simply looking for steady work throughout the summer!
The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 400 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 350 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
- Sorting fruit to meet Government and/or Industry Grade Standards
- Filling bags, trays, boxes or totes as well as consumer package and bulk filling
- Operating in a safe and efficient manner by following proper safe work procedures
- Adhering to food safe and safe work procedures at all times
- Performing work at each station of the tray line area(s)
- Operate machinery and controls at the various work stations as trained
- Additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Safety Staff
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including repeated lifting of up to 15 pounds
- Have a good work record and above average attendance
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery
- Must be able to work all shifts as required (including weekends)
- Ability to work great in a team focused environment with a positive attitude and energy
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and supervisors
- Must be 15+ years of age
- Able to obtain steel toed boots
Questions? Apply online for the Kelowna opportunity here or the Oliver opportunity here or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org