Know someone who would enjoy this recipe? Why not share it with them.
4 Cup Finely shredded red cabbage
1 Cup Grated BC apple, skin on (Gala or Ambrosia are best)
1/4 Cup Chopped cilantro
1/3 Cup Fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 Tsp Sea salt
1 Orange pepper, seeded & diced into 1/2" cubes
1 Yellow pepper, seeded & diced into 1/2" cubes
1 lb. Good white fish (i.e.: cod, sole or tilapia)
1/2 Jalapeño, seeded & finely sliced
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tsp Sea salt
Chipotle Crème Fraîche:
3/4 Cup Full-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 Tsp Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
12 Small corn tortillas
1/2 Jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
1 Lime cut into wedges
3/4 Cup Roughly chopped cilantro
1. Combine all of the coleslaw ingredients together in a large bowl, toss together, and set aside.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine all of the fish ingredients together and set aside.
3. Combine the sour cream or yogurt together with the Chipotle Tabasco Sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and cook the fish mixture gently until the fish is cooked through, tossing half way through. Make sure that the pan isn't crowded, you may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your pan.
5. Meanwhile, heat another medium frying pan over low-medium heat to warm up your tortillas. Run each tortilla under water and place on the pan for about 30 seconds a side until the tortilla is warm.
6. To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of the fish mixture, a serving of the coleslaw, a dollop of Chipotle Crème Fraîche, and if desired, a squeeze of lime, a couple of jalapeño slices and extra cilantro.